SIOP Europe acts as a catalyst to effectively promote and offer different types of education and training opportunities to paediatric oncology professionals.These learning opportunities supported by SIOPE are of interest for health professionals, medical students and parent and patient representatives.
Among the outstanding educational initiatives organised and showcased by SIOP Europe there are:
- SIOP Europe Course in Paediatric Oncology
- Living Beyond Cancer: Late Effects and Survivorship Care Online Course, 8-9 March 2024
- Caring for Adolescents and Young Adults (AYA) with Cancer Course, 29-30 September 2023
- SIOP Europe Student Summer School for Paediatric Oncology, 8-12 July 2024
- The SIOPE Course on “Childhood Cancer: Causes and Epidemiology”
- Late Effects in Childhood and Adolescent Cancer Survivors – A Course by PanCare and SIOP Europe
- ESO-SIOPE Masterclass
- ESO-ESSO-ESTRO-SIOPE Multidisciplinary Course on Oncology for Medical Students
- ERN PaedCan and Young SIOPE Interactive Webinar Series: Most Challenging Cases in Paediatric Oncology
- ESCP Webinars
- Young SIOPE Webinars
- ESO-SIOPE E-Learning in Paediatric Oncology
SIOP Europe Educational Programme Newsletter
► Click the button below to sign up to our newsletter
Our Society does not only disseminate educational opportunities: since 2008, SIOPE led the preparation of a very important document, the ‘European Standards of care for Children with Cancer’. Widely recognised as a reference document to evaluate progress in drug development, treatment and care in the various paediatric cancer treatment centres all over the continent, the Standards suggest the ideal requirements for every centre specialised in the treatment of children with cancer. The document has been created after a first Europe-wide survey collecting information on the existing national situation of paediatric haemato-oncology wards. A second survey is currently assessing the implementation of these recommendations after 5 years, and will help SIOPE to better advocate improvements in the current situation.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of relevant initiatives in your region and we will ensure that they will be properly showcased on our website.