SIOP Europe acts as a catalyst to effectively promote and offer different types of education and training opportunities to paediatric oncology professionals.These learning opportunities supported by SIOPE are of interest for health professionals, medical students and parent and patient representatives.
Among the outstanding educational initiatives organised and showcased by SIOPE there are:
- SIOP Europe Annual Meeting
- The SIOPE Course on “Childhood Cancer: Causes and Epidemiology”
- SIOP Europe Course in Paediatric Oncology
- Late Effects in Childhood and Adolescent Cancer Survivors – A Course by PanCare and SIOP Europe
- ESO-SIOPE Masterclass
- ESO-SIOPE Clinical Training Centres - Paediatric Fellowship Programme
- European Syllabus in Paediatric Haemato-Oncology
- ESCP Webinars
- Young SIOPE Webinars
- ESO-SIOPE E-Learning in Paediatric Oncology
- ERN PaedCan and Young SIOPE Interactive Webinar Series: Most Challenging Cases in Paediatric Oncology
SIOP Europe Educational Programme Newsletter
Our Society does not only disseminate educational opportunities: since 2008, SIOPE led the preparation of a very important document, the ‘European Standards of care for Children with Cancer’. Widely recognised as a reference document to evaluate progress in drug development, treatment and care in the various paediatric cancer treatment centres all over the continent, the Standards suggest the ideal requirements for every centre specialised in the treatment of children with cancer. The document has been created after a first Europe-wide survey collecting information on the existing national situation of paediatric haemato-oncology wards. A second survey is currently assessing the implementation of these recommendations after 5 years, and will help SIOPE to better advocate improvements in the current situation.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of relevant initiatives in your region and we will ensure that they will be properly showcased on our website.