A Course by the SIOP Europe AYA Committee
29-30 September 2023 (online)
Adolescents and Young Adults (AYA) with cancer represent a group among cancer patients with special needs and challenges. The challenges are complex and comprise different aspects from diagnosis (e.g. delay in diagnosis), through treatment (e.g., place of care, treatment protocol, inclusion in clinical trials), to long-term follow-up care and include also psychological, social and financial issues. Taking these aspects into account is crucial to improve care of this vulnerable population. This course aims to make you aware of these aspects and show you how to deal with them.
Who should attend?
- Fellows in paediatric or adult haematology and oncology
- Junior faculty at academic medical centres from across Europe
- People in training for other disciplines caring for AYA cancer patients and survivors (e.g., psychologists, nurses, radiotherapists)
What makes this course unique?
- You will learn about clinical aspects of AYA with cancer and their specific challenges, starting from diagnosis, through treatment and long-term follow-up care
- You will learn about research collaborations and leadership
- You will discuss real-life cases, situations, and patient management
- You will meet other young professionals interested in AYA with cancer and experts in the field
- Upon completion of the Course, you will receive a certificate of attendance and CME credits (to be confirmed)
Click here to see the Final Programme.
Course Steering Committee
- Owen Smith – Course Chair, Chair SIOP Europe AYA Committee, Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- Maria Otth – Course Co-Chair, Ostschweizer Kinderspital, St. Gallen and University Children’s Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
- Eva Brack (CH), Morgane Cleirec (FR), Andrea Ferrari (IT, Chair), Valerie Laurence (FR), Paula Perez (ES), Paola Quarello (IT), Dan Stark (UK) on behalf of the SIOP Europe AYA Committee
- Reineke Schoot (NL) and Roelof van Ewijk (NL) on behalf of the SIOP Europe Educational Committee.
- In order to attend this course, all selected participants will be required to pay the Participation Fee of 75 EUR (excluding VAT) by 17 August 2023
- Course application submission opens: 17 April 2023
- Application submission closes: 29 June 2023
- Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted
- Please ensure your application is complete prior to submission. A confirmation of receipt of application will be sent immediately upon submission
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application at the end of July 2023
- 17 August 2023 - fee payment deadline
- If you cancel your participation before 10 August 2023, you will receive a full refund
- Cancellations received after 10 August 2023 are not eligible for refund
If you have queries or require further information, please send an email to: email@example.com.