About the Course:
The SIOP Europe Course in Paediatric Oncology is a unique 3-year long education and mentoring programme for fellows in paediatric haematology and oncology and junior faculty at academic medical centres across Europe and, exceptionally, non-European countries. It aims to support young and promising paediatric oncologists in the development of their careers.
The Course will take place annually and will consist of 3 modules, each lasting 4 days. Participants will attend one module per year and will receive CME accreditation per module and a SIOPE certificate after having completed all modules and passed a final exam.
The SIOPE Course offers a broad education and teaching on clinical aspects of childhood cancer, clinical research methods, research collaborations, statistical analysis, leadership, and how to manage the demands of family and career. It will, however, mostly focus on practical topics rather than theoretical topics including discussions of real-life cases and situations, patient management and how to perform clinical studies according to the current ethical and regulatory requirements.
The goal of the Course is to grow leading paediatric oncologists equipped with skills and ideas for high-quality patient management and clinical research in malignant haematology and oncology. The course will consist of short lectures and will include plenty of time for case discussions including “unforgettable cases”, quizzes and workshops.
What makes this Course unique?
- You will learn about clinical aspects of childhood cancer, clinical research methods, research collaborations, statistical analysis and leadership.
- You will discuss real-life cases and situations, patient management and how to perform clinical studies.
- You will obtain the skills and expertise to become leading physicians, performing high-quality patient management and research.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the first module was initially postponed and then supplemented with a 2-Day Virtual Kick-Off Meeting which took place in March 2021.
- Andishe Attarbaschi - Course Chair, SIOPE Board Member and St. Anna Children’s Hospital - Vienna, Austria
- Reineke Schoot - Course Co-Chair, Young SIOPE Chair and Prinses Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology - Utrecht, Netherlands
- Francesco Ceppi - Lausanne University Hospital - Lausanne, Switzerland
- Jelena Lazic - University Children's Hospital - Belgrade, Serbia
- Hans Merks - Prinses Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology - Utrecht, Netherlands
- Veronique Minard - Institut Gustave Roussy - Paris, France
- Carmelo Rizzari - SIOPE CRC Chair, SIOPE President Elect and University of Milano-Bicocca - Milan, Italy
- Carina Schneider - CCI-Europe Patient Representative - Vienna, Austria
- Martin Schrappe - SIOPE Past President and University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein - Kiel, Germany
- Lewis Silverman - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - Boston, MA, USA
- Jan Stary - University Hospital Motol - Prague, Czech Republic
- Roelof van Ewijk - Young SIOPE and Prinses Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Module 1: 6-9 April 2022 in Maasmechelen, Belgium.
Following a rigorous selection procedure, 50 participants have been selected on the quality of their applications to attend the first edition of the Course. Module 1 will take place on 6-9 April 2022 in Maasmechelen, Belgium.
In order to attend the SIOP Europe Course in Paediatric Oncology, all selected participants will be required to pay the Participation Fee of 625 EUR (excluding VAT).
The Participation Fee includes:
- Access to all Course sessions and Course material;
- Access to and mentoring by highly experienced experts in oncology;
- Shared accommodation at the Course venue;
- Food and beverages throughout the duration of the Course;
- Social activities organised as part of the Course.
Please note: Travel expenses are NOT covered by the registration fee. Travel grants may be granted on a case by case basis.
First SIOPE Course in Paediatric Oncology (6-9 April 2022)
31 October 2021 - fee payment deadline.
If you cancel your participation before 31 October 2021, you will receive a full refund.
If you cancel your participation before 31 December 2021, you will receive a 50% refund.
Cancellations received after 1 January 2022 are not eligible for refund.
If you have queries or require further information, please send an email to: email@example.com