Due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to postpone the Course to
6-9 April 2022.
The personal interaction between all participants and the faculty is an integral part of the SIOPE Course and cannot be fully replaced by a virtual meeting. Therefore, the Course Steering Committee members have chosen to postpone the event rather than replace it with a virtual meeting.
In order to keep participants and faculty engaged and the momentum for this initiative strong, a 2-Day Virtual Kick-Off Meeting 2021 (26-27 March 2021) will be held.
This two-day event will allow the participants to meet each other as well as meet some of the faculty and chairs, so that they may already start to build a relationship prior to the live event in April 2022. The programme for the 2-day event is available here:
The SIOPE Course in Paediatric Oncology – 2-Day Virtual Kick-Off Meeting 2021 (26/03/2021-27/03/2021) has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 11 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Why should you attend?
- This new SIOP Europe-led initiative aims to support young and promising paediatric oncologists in developing their careers in paediatric haematology and oncology.
- The Course will be held annually and will consist of three modules, each lasting four days.
- Participants will attend one module per year and receive CME accreditation for each module and a SIOP Europe Certificate upon completion of all modules.
Who should attend?
- Fellows in paediatric haematology and oncology.
- Junior faculty at academic medical centres from across Europe.
What makes this Course unique?
- You will learn about clinical aspects of childhood cancer, clinical research methods, research collaborations, statistical analysis and leadership.
- You will discuss real-life cases and situations, patient management and how to perform clinical studies.
- You will obtain the skills and expertise to become leading physicians, performing high-quality patient management and research.
- Andishe Attarbaschi - Course Chair, SIOPE Board Member and St. Anna Children’s Hospital - Vienna, Austria
- Reineke Schoot - Course Co-Chair, Young SIOPE Chair and Prinses Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology - Utrecht, Netherlands
- Francesco Ceppi - Lausanne University Hospital - Lausanne, Switzerland
- Jelena Lazic - University Children's Hospital - Belgrade, Serbia
- Hans Merks - Prinses Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology - Utrecht, Netherlands
- Veronique Minard - Institut Gustave Roussy - Paris, France
- Carmelo Rizzari - SIOPE CRC Chair, SIOPE President Elect and University of Milano-Bicocca - Milan, Italy
- Carina Schneider - CCI-Europe Patient Representative - Vienna, Austria
- Martin Schrappe - SIOPE Past President and University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein - Kiel, Germany
- Lewis Silverman - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - Boston, MA, USA
- Jan Stary - University Hospital Motol - Prague, Czech Republic
- Roelof van Ewijk - Young SIOPE and Prinses Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Online Application Procedure:
- Applications to participate in the Course can only be submitted electronically.
- Applicants must meet the minimum selection criteria outlined below:
Minimum Selection Criteria
The application form provided must be used and includes the following sections:
- Personal details and contact information
- 3 letters of recommendation (from experienced colleague, SIOPE member)
- Career development plan (max. 250 words)
- Time magazine article: imagine a breaking news article in pediatric hematology or oncology 10 years from now (max. 400 words)
In order to attend the SIOP Europe Course in Paediatric Oncology, all selected participants will be required to pay the Participation Fee of 625 EUR (excluding VAT).
The Participation Fee includes:
- Access to all Course sessions and Course material;
- Access to and mentoring by highly experienced experts in oncology;
- Accommodation at the Course venue;
- Food and beverages throughout the duration of the Course;
- Social activities organised as part of the Course.
Please note: Travel expenses are NOT covered by the registration fee. Travel grants may be granted on a case by case basis.
2-Day Virtual Kick-Off Meeting 2021 (26-27 March 2021)
31 January 2021 - fee payment deadline.
If you cancel your participation before 31 January 2021, you will receive a full refund.
Cancellations received after 1 February 2022 are not eligible for refund.
First SIOPE Course in Paediatric Oncology (6-9 April 2022)
31 October 2021 - fee payment deadline.
If you cancel your participation before 31 October 2021, you will receive a full refund.
If you cancel your participation before 31 December 2021, you will receive a 50% refund.
Cancellations received after 1 January 2022 are not eligible for refund.
If you have queries or require further information, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org