In addition to the comprehensive scientific programme of the 4th SIOP Europe Annual Meeting, the SIOP Europe Educational Steering Committee has put together an exciting educational programme.
On Monday 8 May, Rob Pieters and Andishe Attarbaschi will chair a session with the speakers Christina Halsey, Martin Schrappe and Valentino Conter discussing “High-dose methotrexate in peadiatric acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.” On the same day, Arendt von Stackelberg will give a state-of-the-art talk on the “Treatment of relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukaemia”.
Tuesday 9 May will include Gertjan Kaspers on “How to treat relapsed acute myeloid leukaemia” as well as a lecture on “Up-to-date values of multiparameter flow-cytometry in the work-up of leukemia, lymphoma and pancytopenia” by Michael Dworzak.
On Friday 12 May, Katrin Scheinemann will talk about "The Landscape of Low Grade Glioma."
Some other sessions of note are the Young SIOPE session on “Clash of the molecular profiling platforms” and the SIOP-RTSG Educational Session on Wednesday 10 May as well as the SIOPEN Educational session on Friday 12 May.
Sessions are still being finalised, so be sure to check the full programme here for the latest updates!
Upcoming webinars and courses:
- ESCP Webinars, in which we explain the new European clinical recommendations for best practice for each childhood cancer: the next Webinar will take place 11 May on Ophthalmological Assessment in Children with a Brain Tumor. Webinars and recordings are here.
- Young SIOPE and ERN PaedCan Interactive Webinar Series on Most Challenging cases in Paediatric Oncology: the next Webinar will take place on 17 May on the topic of “Secondary myelodysplastic syndrome after B-NHL”. More information and recordings are available here.
- CEDAR Webinars, as part of the Childhood Cancer Early Diagnosis and Appropriate Referral Project organized monthly by SIOP and IPA. Full session list here.
- Module 2 of the SIOPE Course will be held from 7-10 June in Ljubljana, with an exciting interactive programme. More information can be found here.
- Stay tuned for more information on two new courses for 2023, one on AYA in collaboration with the SIOP AYA Committee and one on Statistics in collaboration with i-BFM.
- Caring for Adolescents and Young Adults (AYA) with Cancer - A Course by the SIOP Europe AYA Committee will be held online on 29-30 September 2023. The Course will cover the challenges and unique needs of AYA with cancer, from diagnosis through treatment and long-term follow-up care, including psychosocial, social and financial issues. This Course will be of interest to fellows in paediatric haematology and oncology, and anyone in training for other disciplines caring for AYA cancer patients and survivors. Apply here.
- Planning of the next ESO-SIOP Europee Master Class, IPSO E-learning sessions with SIOP Europe as a partner, and planning for a Summer School in PHO for medical students has already started and you will be updated soon.
For more SIOP Europe educational opportunities, please visit our education webpage or subscribe to the newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.