Young SIOPE is a formal group within SIOP Europe to be officially launched during the first SIOPE Annual Meeting in Prague, 20-24 May 2019. It is a forum for young members of the European paediatric oncology community and it was intended to foster a closer community and to facilitate involvement of SIOP Europe’s youngest members in research, development and education. The group’s overarching aims are to facilitate involvement and exchange in clinical, research, and educational activities as well as to become a driving force and platform for new ideas in the field of paediatric oncology. SIOP Europe’s Board and members will benefit from the diversity of backgrounds and out-of-the-box thinking approach of the Young SIOPE members, while the Young SIOPE members in turn will benefit from the support in their development.
|Reineke Schoot Inaugural Chair|
|Teresa de Rojas||Daniela Di Carlo||Nikolas Herold||Claire Keeling|
|Mimi Kjaersgaard||Maria Otth||Paula Pérez-Albert||Ivana Radulovic|
|Francesca Maria Rizzo||Roelof van Ewijk|
2019 SIOP Europe Annual Meeting
Young SIOPE was officially launched during the first SIOP Europe Annual Meeting in Prague, 20-24 May 2019. Young SIOPE organised the following events, which were open to all are interested delegates:
- Tuesday 21 May, 14:30 - 16:00 Discussion of aims, goals, terms of reference, future of the Young SIOPE group.
- Tuesday 21 May, 16:30 – 18:00 Joint session with ECHO. Introduction of both groups, with lectures/meet-the-expert on LCH and HLH.
- Wednesday 22 May, 10:30-11:00 and 16:00-16:30 (during coffee breaks) Joint Young SIOPE-SIOPE Tumour Group chairs/members to discuss the involvement of Young SIOPE members in the different tumor groups.
- Thursday 23 May, 8:30 - 9:30 Repeat or continuation of Tuesday session to discuss aims, goals, terms of reference, future of the Young SIOPE group.
- Thursday 23 May, 9:30 - 10:30 Joint session with PanCare. This session was of interest to a wider audience and covered topics related to late effects.