In view of the changing landscape of paediatric radiation oncology, a dedicated group of paediatric radiation oncologists identified the need for a forum to bring together all those involved in paediatric radiation oncology across the SIOPE affiliated countries.
The SIOPE Radiation Oncology Working Group will focus on the promotion of the highest standards in paediatric radiation oncology, in particular for patient care, clinical trials, education and clinical research to enhance the evidence base for paediatric radiotherapy.
The SIOPE Radiation Oncology Working Group will overarch the existing QUARTET group and the JARC (Joint Action on Rare Cancers – radiotherapy) to provide information on the issue of access to radiation oncology for children across Europe.
The SIOP Europe Radiation Oncology Working Group will focus on patient care, education and clinical research including quality control issues relevant to the radiation oncology community.
The SIOP Europe Radiation Oncology Working Group is a formal group within SIOP Europe. This group was officially launched during the first SIOP Europe Annual Meeting in Prague (May 2019).
Launch of SIOP Europe Radiotherapy Working Group at the SIOP Europe Annual Meeting in Prague (May 2019).
During the last months, a number of papers related to SIOPE coordinated projects or with strong involvement of the SIOPE radiation oncology working group members have been published:
- The SIOP-Renal Tumour Study Group consensus statement on flank target volume delineation for highly conformal radiotherapy. Published in The Lancet Child & Adolescent Health by Janssens et al. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2352-4642(20)30183-8
- Towards homogenization of total body irradiation practices in paediatric patients across SIOPE affiliated centres: A survey by the SIOPE radiation oncology working group. Published in Radiotherapy & Oncology by Hoeben et al. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2020.10.032
- The spleen as an organ at risk in paediatric radiotherapy: a SIOP-Europe Radiation Oncology Working Group report. Published in the European Journal of Cancer by Arunagiri et al. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2020.10.025
- 2nd Annual SIOPE Meeting, April 28-30 (follow the website)
- Due to the COVID-pandemic PROS will join the SIOP meeting in Honolulu, October 21-24
- PROS – ESTRO teaching course ‘Paediatric Radiotherapy’ in Brussels, December 5-7
If you wish to promote and meetings related to paediatric radiation oncology, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org