Empowering Cancer Survivors in Europe
About the Project
smartCARE is an EU-funded project that is tasked with developing a ‘Cancer Survivor Smart Card.’ This digital tool decreases the communication gap between survivors and health and social-care providers. These providers promote citizen empowerment through patient- and survivor-centred care and ultimately enhance the quality of life and of cancer survivors.
For more information check out the smartCARE flyer.
The goal of the smartCARE project is to empower cancer survivors in Europe.
smartCARE is developing a Cancer Survivor SmartCard to:
- Improve the quality of life of people with cancer and cancer survivors
- Facilitate patient empowerment
- Allow survivors easy access to treatment summary that can easily be shared
- Provide access to broad ranges of essential resources and functionalities enhancing quality of life
- Provide an efficient way for health systems to keep up with evolving evidence and best practices
- Allow cancer patients to not only survive the disease but to live long, fulfilling lives, free from discrimination, and unfair obstacles
- Place cancer survivors in a defining role
SIOP Europe's Role in the Project
The European Society for Paediatric Oncology (SIOP Europe) is responsible for Work Package 5 which is designed to maximise project visibility and promote the project results through the dissemination and exploitation of communication activities.
Subscribe to the smartCARE Newsletter!