Empowering Cancer Survivors in Europe
About the Project
smartCARE is an EU-funded project that is tasked with developing a ‘Cancer Survivor Smart Card.’ This digital tool decreases the communication gap between survivors and health and social-care providers. These providers promote citizen empowerment through patient- and survivor-centred care and ultimately enhance the quality of life and of cancer survivors.
The goal of the smartCARE project is to empower cancer survivors in Europe.
smartCARE is developing a Cancer Survivor SmartCard to:
- Improve the quality of life of people with cancer and cancer survivors
- Facilitate patient empowerment
- Allow survivors easy access to treatment summary that can easily be shared
- Provide access to broad ranges of essential resources and functionalities enhancing quality of life
- Provide an efficient way for health systems to keep up with evolving evidence and best practices
- Allow cancer patients to not only survive the disease but to live long, fulfilling lives, free from discrimination, and unfair obstacles
- Place cancer survivors in a defining role
SIOP Europe's Role in the Project
The European Society for Paediatric Oncology (SIOP Europe) is responsible for Work Package 5 which is designed to maximise project visibility and promote the project results through the dissemination and exploitation of communication activities.