Scholarships Grants – Application
The European Society for Paediatric Oncology, SIOPE will award a total of five (5) scholarships to assist young Paediatric Oncologists to attend the 18th ECCO-40th ESMO- European Cancer Congress in Vienna. Preference will be given to those actively participating in the meeting. The scheme is designed to assist younger members particularly members from Eastern European Countries and members less than 40 years old, who otherwise would have major difficulties in securing alternative funding.
This grant will be used to assist with the cost of attending the Congress, and each Fellowship will cover:
- The Congress registration fee;
- Up to maximum 400 EUR for accommodation;
- Up to maximum 500 EUR travel costs, based on an apex return airfare in economy class;
- Reimbursement after the Congress.
To be considered for a fellowship grant, the applicant should meet the following requirements:
- Submit an abstract for the European Cancer Congress 2015. Applicants whose abstracts have been accepted for an oral or poster presentation at the Congress will be considered first.
- The online fellowship grant application form should ONLY be submitted ONCE irrespective of the number of abstracts you submit.
- Be under the age of 40 and have a primary focus in clinical, translation or basic research in paediatric haematology oncology
- Provide a letter of support from the Head of the Department/Organisation stating that the applicant is not the recipient of any other financial support, including a copy of the submitted abstract(s). Only a PDF file will be accepted for upload.
- Provide a two page CV (including date of birth).
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
Please note that the Abstract Submission is open until 28 April 2015. The deadline for receipt of applications is 5 May 2015. Applicants will be notified by email regarding the status of their application end June 2015.