25-29 September 2015, Vienna, Austria
Important SIOPE events during the European Cancer Congress 2015
Saturday 26th September
Sunday 27th September
- 10h30-12h30 SIOPE Society Session & Awards ceremony (Room Stolz 1)
Monday 28th September
- 12h00 - 16h00 Presentation of the Survivorship Passport App (SIOPE Lounge)
- 11h00 - 12h00 Presentation of the Survivorship Passport App (SIOPE Lounge)
- 13h00-14h30 SIOPE General Assembly & Reception (Room Lehar 3) – Lunch foreseen
- 16h00-17h00 SIOPE ‘Meet the Expert’ Session (SIOPE Lounge) – Snacks foreseen
SIOPE has a preeminent role in the Scientific Programme at the European Cancer Congress as Founding Member of ECCO, and the Congress will therefore feature an outstanding Paediatric Track and several sessions of interest for you integrated in other Congress’ Tracks.
On this occasion we will hold our annual General Assembly, where we will inform and update you about all the results we could achieve thanks to the joint efforts of all our members, dedicated experts from the paediatric haematology-oncology community.
This year in particular, we have organised a SIOPE “Meet the expert” session, where young paediatric oncologists can ask relevant questions to eminent members from our community.
At the SIOPE Society Session we will not only reveal the name of the winner of the SIOPE Lifetime Achievement Award
– the outstanding acknowledgement of a lifetime dedication to help young people with cancer – but also of the new SIOPE Merit Award
winner, a talented young paediatric oncologist with a track record of promising new research.
Last but not least, during the Congress we will present you the Strategic Plan for the future of paediatric haematology-oncology in Europe, an important document which has achieved a broad consensus from key stakeholders and will serve as a ‘European Cancer Plan for Children and Adolescents’.
This is a ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ occasion which shows that, together, we can make the difference to ensure the best possible outcome for all children with cancer.
Not yet a SIOPE member? Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org
) and you will also be able to take advantage of all the membership benefits
from our Society.