6th Paediatric Strategy Forum on anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) inhibition in paediatric malignancies: 14-15 January 2021 (Virtual)
This productive meeting was attended by 78 participants representing international experts, companies, patient advocates and FDA / EMA regulators.
An overview of ALK inhibitors was given plus additional products, followed by presentations on the current status of these drugs and unmet needs in ALCL, IMT, neuroblastoma and CNS tumours concluding with a strategic discussion and patient advocate perspective.
A short summary of this Forum will be made public on the ACCELERATE website soon.
9th ACCELERATE Paediatric Oncology Annual Conference: 4-5 February 2021 (Virtual)
The 9th ACCELERATE Paediatric Oncology Conference was held virtually on 4-5 February 2021. This edition of the conference welcomed more than 300 registered participants from 27 countries from across the world.
Delegates from ACCELERATE’s multi-stakeholder setting included experts from academia, industry, patient/parent/survivor advocacy groups, foundations, and regulatory authorities – who all came together to discuss accelerating new medicine development for childhood cancer patients.
Highlights (Recordings and Breakout Session Executive summaries) are available HERE.
7th Paediatric Strategy Forum on CART cells in paediatric malignancies: 25-27 May 2021 (Virtual)
This interesting and successful meeting gathered almost 200 participants representing international experts, companies, patient advocates and regulators from the FDA, EMA/PDCO (and HTAs), MHRA, Health Canada, Japan, and Australia.
A summary will be posted on the ACCELERATE website soon.
2nd ACCELERATE Newsletter: June 2021
The second issue of the ACCELERATE newsletter will be launched in June 2021!
We would like to inform our community about the most recent achievements made within ACCELERATE, showing how much progress can be made if all stakeholders work together!
The newsletter will be made available on the ACCELERATE website.
Finally, we invite you to follow ACCELERATE on Twitter: @ACCELERATEcure and engage in the discussions.
1st ACCELERATE Educational Webinar: 30 March 2021
On 30 March 2021, ACCELERATE kicked off its first webinar in its interactive educational series: Everything you always wanted to know about Developing Drugs for Children with Cancer* (*But were afraid to ask) – EPISODE 1.
The key aspects about Strategy and Regulatory Science in drug development were explained through an innovative webinar while participants were engaged with interactive polls and a focused clinical case.
With over 400 registered attendees and the overwhelming positive feedback, we look forward to EPISODE 2, which will take place on 29 June2021 at 17:00 CEST (see Upcoming events section).
8th Forum on TKI in Sarcomas: 31 Nov/1 Dec 2021 (virtual)
Please stay tuned, more information coming soon.
2nd ACCELERATE Educational Webinar: Orphan Drug Regulations: 29 June 17:00 CEST
After the 1st Episode of our educational webinar series (HERE), we are delighted to invite you to the next chapter:
EPISODE 2: ACCELERATE Educational Webinar Series - Everything you always wanted to know about Developing Drugs for Children with Cancer* (*But were afraid to ask)
When? 29 June 2021, 17:00-18:00 CEST
Main focus: ORPHAN DRUG REGULATION
- How does the orphan medicines regulation work in EU, US, and Japan?
- How did it impact the field of rare diseases? What are the issues now in Research & Development?
- The oncology paradox: Why did the current adult-based approach not work for childhood cancers? How can we improve the situation to better target young patients’ needs?
And much more…
Register HERE! Participation is open and free for all!
The recordings and slides of EPISODE 1 are available HERE.
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Leaving no child behind (Editorial by Prof Gilles Vassal and Prof Pam Kearns), The Parliament Magazine, 1 June 2021.
- How the EU Pharmaceutical Strategy can help children and adolescents with cancer (editorial by Prof. Gilles Vassal and Prof. Pam Kearns), The Parliament Magazine, 1 October 2020
- European Journal of Cancer: 'Paediatric Strategy Forum for medicinal product development of epigenetic modifiers for children: ACCELERATE in collaboration with the European Medicines Agency with participation of the Food and Drug Administration', November 2020
You may find all the publications here.
More information: www.accelerate-platform.org