SIOP Europe Lifetime Achievement Award in Paediatric Oncology – Call for Nominations
As part of SIOP Europe’s ongoing commitment to recognizing and honouring outstanding contributions to the field of paediatric oncology, we are pleased to announce the call for nominations for the prestigious SIOP Europe Lifetime Achievement Award in Paediatric Oncology.
This award is granted to distinguished personalities from the European paediatric oncology community during the SIOP Europe Annual Meeting. This award aims to celebrate individuals who have dedicated their careers to surpassing standards, achieving ground-breaking advances and scientific excellence in research, treatment and cure of cancer in children and adolescents. We invite you to take part in this important process by nominating a distinguished colleague or mentor who has made a lasting impact in the field of paediatric oncology.
The deadline to receive nominations is 29 February 2024.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for consideration, nominees should have:
- Exemplary service in paediatric oncology.
- Outstanding leadership, innovation, and advocacy in the field.
- Significant contributions to clinical practice, research, and/or education in paediatric oncology.
- Track record of positively influencing the lives of children and adolescents with cancer and their families.
- Complete the official nomination form available here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WX8D8K5
- Provide a detailed statement outlining the nominee's achievements, contributions, and impact on the field of paediatric oncology.
- Include any supporting documentation, such as publications, testimonials, or other relevant materials that showcase the nominee's exceptional contributions.
- The nomination must be submitted by someone who will register for the SIOPE Meeting and be available to give a brief speech during the award prize ceremony focused on the reasons of the nomination and of his or her personal gratitude towards the awarded person.
All nominations must be submitted by 29 February 2024 to be considered for the SIOP Europe Lifetime Achievement Award in Paediatric Oncology.
How to Submit:
Complete and submit the nomination form and attach the supporting documents online here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WX8D8K5
The award recipient will be honored at a special ceremony during 5th SIOP Europe Annual Meeting, taking place in Milan, Italy on 13-17 May 2024, where they will have the opportunity to share insights and reflections on their remarkable journey in paediatric oncology.
The Award Committee is composed of the current SIOP Europe Board.
Review and Selection:
- The Award Committee will review all nominations, ensuring adherence to eligibility criteria.
- The Award Committee will shortlist candidates based on the impact of their work, leadership, research contributions, and overall dedication to the field.
- The Award Committee will conduct in-depth discussions among the committee members to finalize the selection.
Notification and Acceptance:
- The selected nominee will be informed in March 2024 and will be request to confirm their acceptance of the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The decision will be communicated to all nominators and nominees in a timely and respectful manner.
For any questions contact Anne Blondeel at email@example.com