The Dept. of Human Genetics at the Hannover Medical School (MHH) is looking for a Researcher /Clinician Scientist (f/m/d) in the EU project CAN.HEAL
We are looking for a researcher / clinician scientist with a high intrinsic motivation who wants to pursue novel ideas in the field of cancer-related diagnosis, prognosis and therapy within the recently established CAN.HEAL consortium. Preferably, you join us with background in genetics or oncology. The CAN.HEAL consortium is funded by the European Commission and includes 40 partners from all over Europe. Within the consortium our department is one of the co-leads. In addition, we will work on two distinct projects in the field of cancer predisposition and genetic counseling in general.
The position is very versatile and allows room to develop and implement own ideas within the scope of the project. In one part, we will apply ‘next generation sequencing’ to implement genetic profiling, harmonize data interpretation and facilitate treatment decisions in order to ultimately apply the same diagnostic and therapeutic approaches across the EU. In this context, our team focuses on pediatric leukemia. The second part focuses on the development of implementation strategies for telemedicine (i.e. remote genetic counselling) in the different European countries. You will be supported and trained by our team of geneticists, bio-medical researchers, clinicians and bioinformaticians.
The tasks comprise:
- Develop novel ideas for care structures and prevention initiatives in the EU context for cancer patient and healthy individuals.
- Work on use cases about telegenetics and molecular genetic analysis in cancer predisposition syndromes. Extension of wet lab and basic research experience is possible and welcomed.
- Interact and establish cooperative projects within the consortium. Coordinating and managing the cooperative research activities of European partners in the consortium.
The Postdoctoral Fellow position is offered for an initial period of 2 years (100%) with a possibility of extension. Start welcomed ASAP. We are looking for highly motivated researchers with excellent communication and networking skills who wants to join a young interdisciplinary team. We are involved in genetic counselling, somatic and germline diagnostics & research in context of cancer.
Your tasks can be partly fulfilled remotely.
The successful candidates should have:
- Master or Diploma university degree and if possible Doctoral degree in bio-medicine related sciences or medicine, doctoral degree appreciated
- Be curious and bring intrinsic motivation to work in the field of genetics and cancer
Please provide a cover letter describing your personal qualifications and motivation, a CV, a list of publications, an evidence of the qualifications required for the position by corresponding certificates, and 2 references with contact information.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions.
Anke Katharina Bergmann, MD; Bergmann.firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: ++49 (0)176 153 22038
Claudia Davenport, PhD; Davenport.email@example.com; phone: +49 (0)511-532 4523
We are awaiting your digital application.